What a hello!

I think the first thing I said to Danny when I met him was something like:
Friend Tom:  Mike, this is Danny, he has the place we're staying in Saugatuck over the 4th!
Mike:  There better be fucking furniture in that place when we get there.
Or something like that.. and I forgot to mention I was painted in Gold.
Long story.... 

A few years later... Mike (Me) had a great job in Chicago working for a NY based publishing company out of the Merchandise Mart in Chicago.  Greg had a great job in GR working for a Bank, and Danny had a great job working in GR for the County Government.  Greg had just transferred to Chicago with this bank to work in their Merchandise Mart branch, Danny was looking for a job in Chicago but still living in MI.  I came up to Saugatuck on a weekend in September to help them store some stuff from their cottage that they had recently sold.  We were staying at the Tin Cricket (same property as mentioned in first paragraph).. had spent the day moving stuff and we decided to order pizza from Marro's and Danny was making his famous Margaritas.  Over dinner we decided we were all bored/tired of our jobs an oh wouldn't it be fun to buy the fairy palace in Douglas.. move here and live the life of gay resort owners.  Note to self, don't plan your future when Margaritas are involved!  We called our friend and realtor Lydia and she lined up an "off the books" showing.  That was September.  I quite my job in March and moved to Saugatuck.. working with the previous overs every day from around April 1 till the day we closed May 26.  Danny quite his job next and Greg stuck it out with the bank until early June just in case we fcked it up and had to head back to Chicago quick. 

So we wrote a purchase agreement in October I think.. we went to Miami for Thanksgiving and had a terrible fight and basically broke up.. we reconveined over dinner in January (the 23rd) 1999 and decided we can't live without each other and it's our life goal to move to small town America and own one of the biggest LGBT Resort's in the Country (or something like that).

I had won a sales trip at my job for a trip.. so we planned it in March (right before I gave notice) and the three of us went to Cancun.. we joke that we got married in the cab from the airport to the hotel and that we spent our honeymoon in Mexico.

It's freaky how I had an idea for how my whole life would possibly play out and you blink and your 15 years into living in Saugatuck and owning a business in Douglas and have 2 partners.. WTF? 

So important -- watch what you do while drinking Tequilla!

Okay gotta run, I have responsibilities for tonight's Scavenger Hunt!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

NO & $

UP