Pity Party

I'm not even going to be here during most of the bad weather and I'm already having winter blues!  How fcked up is that?  How can someone who has a blessed life.. about to head to FL for 6 weeks be having a pity party?  If I think about it, I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes I think we can all have a pity party of some sort.  Don't know why I'm blue other than the fact that sometimes, life is a royal pain in the ass, no matter who you, what you do or where you came from.  Sometimes it's just not easy.. and personally I think that a little pity party can make a difference.  Makes you realize how fortunate you are and how silly you are to boo hoo.  If you don't boo hoo every now and then, how do you appreciate how lucky you are?

In the old days, prior to the Dunes, when I was a little blue I just went all Greta Garbo and hid from people for a few days.  No need for the public to see you that way!  A true star never leaves the house unless they are perfectly "made."   You never see a bad picture of J Lo.  I don't have that option now.. but I do give it the college try.. when you own a business and you work everyday it's hard to have a private bad day.  And to make matters worse I wrenched my back yesterday - and tonight is the Annual Halloween Party -- so crazy busy, have to work.. grumpy or not.. the show must go on!

Greg and Danny don't get me, and after 15 years I get that, they think when I'm a tad blue that I'm just a crazy bitch that day (or 2 or 3 or....).  Okay, I might be a crazy bitch (and I'm grateful for my happy pills) but when I'm blue I'm not being a bitch, I just being in the dumps.  Again, sometimes you just need to wallow for a few days and then boom.. you wake up the sky is blue and all well with the world.

If you've seen any of my Facebook post over the years, you  might know that I will periodically Cleanse.  I use a product called Isagenix, and I do their 9 day cleanse (which if you do correctly is actually 11 days).  2 Shake Days, 2 Fast Days, 5 Shake Days and then 2 Fasts Days (the last two days are the worse).  I'm a yo yo dieter.  So I've weighted as much as 187lb and as little as 159 (Danny called me scarey skinny).  I have 3 sizes of clothes in my closed cause I'm always about 2 days from the next size.  I just finished the Cleanse (after all these times, I have tweaked it a little) I am proud to say that I'm down 9 pounds.  Maybe that will help get me out my funk?

Before I go, if you see me tonight, I will say upfront I hate my Halloween costume.  My own fault.  Didn't know what we wanted to wear so had someone make us costumes that looked like the demon in flames on the Dunes Halloween Poster.  Danny and I the boy versions (slightly different) and Greg the girl version (go figure).  However instead I would have looked like a Flamingo dancer.. so I cut it up and am doing the best I can -- don't judge!

Have fun tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

UP

NO & $