How to Begin?

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but Blogging scares me.  I'm so worried about trying to be Wittie, cleaver or funny that I have avoided it all cost.  So, I'm gonna give it a whirl, cause I know some people might want to know, what's happening at the Dunes and in Saugatuck and Douglas, right?

Today is Saturday October 18 and we are having our Annual Make a Wish Benefit Show and silent auction.  I can't tell you how hard Danny, Richard, Henry/Kelly (Upscale Mercantile, Douglas) and Greg Muncie (Del Sol, Saugatuck) have worked to pull this event together.  They've lined up over 100 items for tonight's silent auction.  We have an amazing community who always gives whenever asked for this great event!  And the Make A Wish Foundation tries to keep the money we raise as local as possible.  Adam Johnson (Sydney Chablis) will host the show and she does an amazing job  getting the girls to participate -- for FREE!

Tomorrow is the return of Bingo, hosted by Syndey and benefiting West Shore Aware.. a start, really to acknowledging that it's Fall and summer is now way behind us.

I've already starting looking at DJ's for next Summer:  DJ Grind, DJ Roland Belmares, DJ Seth Cooper, DJ Paulo and DJ Tony Moran have all committed for Dunes Summer 2015!  Hard to believe that we have to think about Summer and we're not even to Halloween yet. 

It's also time to look at upgrading the wireless internet that is offered to our hotel guests, and a new cloud based Reservation System.  Much needed improvements, but not so needed expenses.  Why is everything so expensive? 

I don't know how Greg T makes it all work each year.  We are looking at 2 new Roofs before next summer,  a new DJ Booth (and some new equipment), several new Mattress replacements, redoing the first floor Standard Building's rooms adding a closet (same for the King Building).. new TV's for many of the rooms, replacement of bath tubs in the Standard Building (plus new tile in the bathroom) and so many more "off season" projects.  Every year is replace, repair, replace repair...more, more.  We never want our customers to think we stop caring about the product that we deliver.

Okay, I'm going to start writing every day.. Whatever is on my mind regarding all things Dunes and this great community we live in.  I might bitch, I might complain but I'll start letting you know whats going on (behind the scenes) here in Saugatuck/Douglas.  It might take me a while to find my voice, so i ask you to be patient till I get into the grove that we are all looking for.

Totally a fall day, the high is 40 something, and the low is 30 something.. cloudy, chance of rain..the colors are really popping.

BTW, there has been a lot of activity at the Kalico Kitchen this week.  Word is that the bank has finally taken over, had an appraisal and have it listed for $360,000 (ish).  The bank has hired a company to clean it up in anticipation of showing it... we looked at late last summer and it needs A LOT of work... I hope someone buys it soon, because I'm thinking it's a 6-8 month project with all the issues that big red building will face before it can open again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

NO & $

UP