I guess I'm just not friendly?

As a child of the 70's and 80's, this is a fun Edit!
 
In Defense of A Sexy Halloween

After spending 10/31 hiding from the youngsters looking for candy, I decided to go be seen last night.. so I took a shower, put on my Florida finest (which isn't saying much) and headed for an early dinner.. planning on sitting at the restaurant's bar, having a nice dinner, couple glasses of wine and enjoying a couple pages of a book.  I have no issues doing things by myself - however since it was a Saturday and I didn't have lunch I decided to go early 5:30p.

The bar had seats on three sides and I found one available on a corner.  An older gay couple on the left side (both enjoying a big martini) and a straight couple on the right (4 1/2 empty margaritas in front of them).  It quickly became obvious that the straights might have been a little over served, as the man kept repeating the same story/point over and over and over.  I heard the F word at least 50 times in the first 8 minutes.  I ordered, sipped my wine and tried to ignore my neighbors and read.  The Gay's leaned over and said "I don't know how you can focus on that book with those two next to you?"  It was tough!  And annoying... I mean I took a shower!  I wanted to have a nice meal.  I can only stay in and  eat with Lucky so many times in a row. A seat opened up and I asked the bartender if I could move to the other side of the bar, he said of course.  Of course minutes later the drunks left and realizing they might have been annoying, bought me a glass of wine.  So here I am committed to sitting on the other side of the bar.. a nice, quiet older man to my left and an intoxicated older man working a nicely dressed older woman to my right.. who decided it might be fun to offer me a few ins to participate in their conversation.  My food came, I smiled at my neighbors and tried to enjoy dinner.  Well my neighbors on my right were determined to chat and chat and chat -- the lady obviously was tired of the guy hitting on here and she was going to move the conversation to me. UGH!   From the time I left the house, drove to restaurant, ate and left was less than 60 minutes.  I could not get out of my bar seat fast enough.  Called Danny and Greg (who are in route South) that I might never eat alone in public again.  It's like being on a plane and your seat mate wants to chat.  Is it rude to tell the people next to you on a plane or in a restaurant, nicely of course, that you'd really like to just enjoy a quiet dinner (or flight) and that I'm not really in the chatting mood??  Or, when you commit to be with the masses are you giving up your private space? 

Most people I know will probably just say that I'm just not that friendly!  They might be right.

They are playing a "Sandals" commercial on the TV.. all inclusive Sandals Resorts -- do you think the people that are staying at these all inclusive resorts are as pretty as people in the commercial?

Okay, I need to reset the clocks, I forgot the time changed last night.

It's Sunday.. so it's Bingo today -- Head to the Dunes and Play!!!! 1/2 of all the money that is played today go to Charity -- West Shore Aware!

 #dunesresort

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween

NO & $

UP